Good Afternoon Community Partners,
Thank you for being a trusted community partner of the City of Philadelphia.
Do you (or your organization) serve, work with, or know anyone who has lost income due to COVID-19 and is unable to pay their rent? Do you know any landlords whose tenants are in this situation?
Today the City of Philadelphia announced its COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The program aims to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. Please note that funding is limited. Not everyone who applies can be served.
The City will begin accepting applications for the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Rental Program on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 10 a.m. The deadline to apply is Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Applications are available through PHLRentAssist.org. Residents without internet access or a smart phone can get a program and application information by calling 3 – 1 – 1.
To be eligible, renters must:
- Rent an apartment or house in Philadelphia
- Have a valid and current written lease signed by landlord
- Have lost income because of COVID-19
- Meet income guidelines
Renters are NOT eligible if they live in public housing or receive other government rental assistance (Section 8/Housing Choice Vouchers, etc.)
Help us publicize this important program!
- Share PHLRentAssist.org with your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, contacts, and anyone else you can think of
- Download our fliers and distribute them far and wide
- Have a suggestion about who we could reach out to? Send it to us at [email protected], or just share our website, press release, and/or blog.
On behalf of our Philadelphia neighbors in need — thank you!